[Nexus] NeXus facility survey

Rolf Krahl rolf.krahl at helmholtz-berlin.de
Wed Sep 10 08:24:08 BST 2014

Tobias,

HZB operates two facilities: the neutron source BER II and the
synchrotron source BESSY II.  Since the status of NeXus deployment is
a little different between these two, I fill out two forms.

Am Donnerstag, 4. September 2014, 16:44:36 schrieb Tobias.Richter at diamond.ac.uk:

> Facility Name:
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) - BER II
http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/media/media/allgemein/logos/logo_2010/hzb_logo_cmyk.gif
http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/media/media/allgemein/logos/logo_2010/hzb_logo_cmyk.eps
> Total number of beamlines/instruments:
28 beamlines
3
1
> We are using the following back ends (valid choices HDF5, HDF4, XML):
HDF5 (HDF4)
> Any migration plans for the future:
2 new instruments will be creating NeXus files.
> Recent developments:
> We use the following software packages to browse, analyse or process NeXus:
TVneXus (HZB software), Lamp, Matlab
> The following application definitions are in use here:
None yet
1
> We use NAPI for writing:
yes
> For reading:
yes

> Facility Name:
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) - BESSY II
> Facility Logo URL:
see BER II above
> Total number of beamlines/instruments:
61 beamlines, 36 fixed experimental stations, 27 flexible experimental stations
-
> We are using the following back ends (valid choices HDF5, HDF4, XML):
HDF5 planned
> Any migration plans for the future:
All new instruments will be writing NeXus.  Other beamlines will be
step by step migrated.
> Recent developments:
Tests with our converting software.
> We use the following software packages to browse, analyse or process NeXus:
-
> The following application definitions are in use here:
-
> An average NeXus file contains this many datasets:
1
> We use NAPI for writing:
yes
-

--
Rolf Krahl <rolf.krahl at helmholtz-berlin.de>
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)