[Nexus] unit_cell in NXsample

Herbert J. Bernstein yayahjb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:45:58 BST 2014

The most common convention for a unit cell is a,b,c in angstroms
alpha, beta, gamma in degrees in that order.  However there are
lots of other conventions.  There would be less chance of confusion
and error with their own units.  Both direct and reciprocal cells are
important.  I would suggest long, but unambiguous, names:

cell_length_a, cell_length_b, cell_length_c,
cell_angle_alpha, cell_angle_beta, cell_angle_gamma,
recip_cell_length_a_star, recip_cell_length_b_star, recip_cell_length_c_star,
recip_cell_angle_alpha_star, recip_cell_angle_beta_star,
recip_cell_angle_gamma_star

The space group is also important.  For clarity on the above, see
IUCr International Tables Volume A (or better, the old Volume I)