[Nexus] unit_cell in NXsample

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Wed Sep 17 19:38:30 BST 2014

Coincidentally, I was going to raise this at the next NIAC because of the unit inconsistency and because there are already definitions of all these parameters in the NXcrystal definition, which is what I have been using in my code:

unit_cell_a: NX_FLOAT {units=NX_LENGTH}
Unit cell lattice parameter: length of side a

unit_cell_b: NX_FLOAT {units=NX_LENGTH}
Unit cell lattice parameter: length of side b

unit_cell_c: NX_FLOAT {units=NX_LENGTH}
Unit cell lattice parameter: length of side c

unit_cell_alpha: NX_FLOAT {units=NX_ANGLE}
Unit cell lattice parameter: angle alpha

unit_cell_beta: NX_FLOAT {units=NX_ANGLE}
Unit cell lattice parameter: angle beta

unit_cell_gamma: NX_FLOAT {units=NX_ANGLE}
Unit cell lattice parameter: angle gamma

I suggest we use these in NXsample as well.

Ray