[Nexus] NeXus update

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Wed Jan 14 12:10:54 GMT 2015

Apologies, that was the wrong time. We’re on now. Future updates via the nexus-tech list.

Hangout link:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g5yh5mixmcvnwuek4rpuuihglqa?hl=en-GB

On 06 Jan 2015, at 14:30, Tobias Richter <Tobias.Richter at esss.se<mailto:Tobias.Richter at esss.se>> wrote:

Dear all,

Happy new year to all subscribers of the NeXus mailing list!

Before Christmas the NIAC had a meeting kindly hosted by Pete Jemian at the APS.
We had interesting and fruitful discussions. There I would like to report on two items: New officers and nexus-tech retirement.

Mark Koennecke reached the end of his term as NeXus chair. So the new roles are as follows:
Chair: Tobias Richter
Executive Secretary: Mark Koennecke
Documentation Release Manager: Pete Jemian
Technical Manager: Eugen Wintersberger

Technical Manager is a new role. We previously had a Chair of the Technical Subcommittee instead. The NIAC felt that in recent past the technical subcommittee has done an excellent job discussing and advancing the application definitions and base classes. That could be seen as going beyond the technical remit of that committee though and hence call for a wider forum. While in practice the technical committee was open to all interested parties this was not obvious. So in conclusion the idea is to open up the video conferences (Google Hangout) to the wider community.

The next Hangout will be: Wednesday, 14th Jan, 13:00 GMT
The link to join should appear on the page with the (very provisional) agenda which can be found from: http://wiki.nexusformat.org/NeXus_Teleconference
We will work out a way that distributes calendar appointments only to those current interested and not spam everyone with those. If you would like to be added to that, please reply to this email (privately probably).

For more complete information of what went on at the NIAC, Here is a link to the minutes:
http://wiki.nexusformat.org/NIAC2014_Meeting#Minutes

Kind regards,

Tobias