[Nexus] NeXus version

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Fri Jan 23 08:34:33 GMT 2015

Hi Jan,

I agree that the release situation requires some improvements. At least could do with a roadmap or so.

Just to confirm: We are talking about the “definitions” repository, were we hold the manual and XML schema that define the standard (as opposed to the “code” that holds the API). Right?

To my knowledge there hasn’t been another formal release of that since 3.1.0. And there hasn’t been one before. Maybe some day someone will explain to me why that was released as 3.1.0. I do not know.

Since then we’ve been on a rolling release, if you like. Until very recently all changes since the release, tried to be backward compatible. In December we’ve deprecated NXgeometry. So it was difficult to make the call on how many small changes or additions here or there warrant a new release. I tend to just consult the manual for the latest version and for me that works well. Opinions from the community was the expectations would be are welcome.

Does that help?

Tobias