[Nexus] New NXdata group attribute implementation question

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Mon Jan 26 13:53:33 GMT 2015

Hello,

I am writing a "NeXus compliant file" and I have a difficulty.

As far as I know, most of NeXus attributes are just strings. Therefore I
have difficulties to know what you exactly want when you write:

@axes="x","y","tof"

Do you want

1 - an array of fixed length strings?
2 - an array of variable length strings?
3 - a single string containing "x", "y", "tof" that is to be split via
the ","?

Please let me know. I would prefer options 1 or 3 to prevent issues with
some languages or wrappers where variable length strings are not
properly supported or are cumbersome to be supported.

Best regards,

Armando