[Nexus] GitHub workflow

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:38:41 GMT 2015

Last year, we decided to adopt a GitHub workflow for the definitions
repository where working changes would be contributed to a "development"
branch.  On review, all changes posted to "development" would be merged
into the "master" branch".

The official NeXus manual is published to the nexusformat.org web site
from the version in the "master" branch when there are new changesets.

Consistently, we have been posting changes directly to "master",
forgetting about the workflow decision described above.  This indicates
that we need a different workflow where working changes are posted to
"master".  Some other GitHub projects have adopted this same workflow.
To identify releases, point releases are posted to a "release" branch or
they are tagged.

I suggest we consider dropping the "development" branch and adding a
"releases" branch for reviewed point releases of the definitions
repository.  This will better match the way we are contributing.

Pete