[Nexus] [NeXus-committee] NXmonochromator for todays telecon

Koennecke Mark (PSI) mark.koennecke at psi.ch
Wed Mar 18 10:36:51 GMT 2015

Hi,

Am 18.03.2015 um 11:26 schrieb Tobias Richter <Tobias.Richter at esss.se<mailto:Tobias.Richter at esss.se>>:

Hi,

My expectation was the NXcrystal would be a child of NXmonochromator as an element used to build the thing up.
That view is supported by the current documentation as far as I can tell. In the last NIAC he approved NXgrating with the same rationale (with isn’t fully documented yet - it isn’t referenced anywhere).

So I would think that, as valid as they they have been at the time, the original intentions for NXcrystal are not binding. People independently worked out a different, but consistent and valid interpretation and we should honour that.

My explanation about NXmonochromator was more historical. The only meaning of NXmonochromator in the OO sense is that there are some
fields like wavelength etc which should be in derived classes.

What I also wrote (or meant to write) is that OO in NeXus never took on and we are drifting towards composition solutions with either
interfaces or features. We are more or less free to do as we like. And add new classes for the new monochromator types.
And leave the rest until we sorted out either features or interfaces.

Regards,

     Mark

That’s a different solution to either of the ones in your document, correct Eugen?

Tobias