[Nexus] Where to find up-to-date base classes definition (all_base.nxdl.xml)

Christophe CLEVA christophe.cleva at esrf.fr
Tue Mar 24 15:09:38 GMT 2015

Dear all,

I am currently developing a tool based on NeXus classes definitions to
manage the format of the HDF5 files used at the ESRF and I am struggling
to get the up-to-date definitions from the nexusformat.org website:

* from http://download.nexusformat.org/kits/definitions/ I can download
only the NeXus definition (and manual) for version 3.1.0. From this
archive I can extract everything I need including the all_base.nxdl.xml
file I use directly.

* from the documentation at
http://download.nexusformat.org/doc/html/classes/index.html (which I
guess is the last version, but there is no mention of the version
anywhere) I see there is a NXslit base class
(http://download.nexusformat.org/doc/html/classes/base_classes/NXslit.html).

* but in the definition version 3.1.0 I downnloaded there is no NXslit
base class ... so I guess this is not the same version than on the website ?

My very simple question is: where can I download the NeXus definitions
(in xml format) that correspond to the version on the website/the last
released version ?

Bonus question is where do I find the version of the definitions shown
on the website ?

Thanks in advance for a quick answer, I am stuck with the obsolete
version 3.1.0 at the moment.
(rebuilding from the source code is not an option for me here).

This is not related, but while searching for the definitions I noticed
that all links on the website for the distribution kits for version
4.3.1 lead to empty folders (http://download.nexusformat.org/kits/4.3.1/
subfolders are all empty). I thought you might want to know.

Best Regards,
Christophe