[Nexus] PyQt and nxs files

yokaichiya fabiano.yokaichiya at helmholtz-berlin.de
Mon Apr 27 13:28:52 BST 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to develop a GUI software that reads the nxs files. I decide
to use the PyQt in order to have a nice interface. However I am having
problems to open the nxs file:
I was trying the following commands:

     fname = QtGui.QFileDialog.getOpenFileName(self, 'Open file','/home')

     f=nxs.open(fname,'r')

The compilation gave me the following Error message:
ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 1: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: wrong type

I would appreciate some help to solve this problem to open the nxs files.

Thanks in advance

Fabiano

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de