[Nexus] PyQt and nxs files

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Mon Apr 27 13:41:29 BST 2015

The getOpenFileName function returns a tuple containing the file name and the selected file filter. Since you only want the first value, you should change the line to

    name, _ = QtGui.QFileDialog.getOpenFileName(self, 'Open file','/home')

You may want to have a look at the NeXpy application to see if it does some of what you are looking for. It uses PySide rather than PyQt, although I am hoping to make it agnostic soon. You can find more details at http://nexpy.github.io/nexpy/.

Ray