[Nexus] nexus units

Paul Kienzle paul.kienzle at nist.gov
Wed May 27 16:01:09 BST 2015

Tim,

To be clear, I simply scanned all fields and collected the units
without checking that the units were appropriate for the field.
The resulting list seemed interesting, hence my email.

The only count rate that I found was for ANSTO monitors, which
uses count/sec for the bm1_event_rate and the bm2_event_rate
fields.  Since count and sec are in the udunits database, this
is entirely appropriate.

Hz is used for source frequency at IPNS and sampling frequency
at Soleil, so again the usage is appropriate.

I was considering Hz or Bq for count rate, but the SI brochure
says the following:

    The hertz is used only for periodic phenomena, and the
    becquerel is used only for stochastic processes in
    activity referred to a radionuclide.

so count/sec it is.

- Paul