[Nexus] Status of NAPI

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Mon Jun 22 08:45:50 BST 2015

Dear all,

On 22/06/2015 06:53, Osborn, Raymond wrote:
> I’m not in a position to state what the official policy is - I don’t
> think it was officially discussed as part of the last NIAC agenda, but
> I was sure I heard the idea of a ‘NAPI Light’ mentioned. My impression
> at the time was that this had been agreed earlier, perhaps in one of
> the telco meetings, but I may have misunderstood what was said. It
> wouldn’t be the first time.

In the last NIAC meeting I attended (organized by Diamond), it was said
that the NeXus API would be in "bug fix" mode. By other hand, new
guidelines are being added, the NAPI is being updated and trainings on
using it seem to be organized. If you have the time and man-power to
devote to those tasks, it is fine. Given the fact we are not using the
same tools to write the files, I would consider more important to devote
the effort to the validation tools, particularly those related to
application definitions.

Best regards,

Armando