[Nexus] Targets for the NAPI build - a new try with a poll

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Mon Jun 22 16:11:11 BST 2015

Hi folks,
my last mail concerning the required build targets for the NAPI build
seems to have started a quite interesting discussion about the NAPIs
status. Unfortunately, none of the contributions, as interesting they
were, really solved my problem.

So I've set up a doodle poll which I would like to ask you to
participate in. You find the poll here

http://doodle.com/b7bi6nh5rggc5mw4

This will hopefully answer my questions. Let me make one remark: the
list of selections in the poll was assembled after a quick look at the
current source tree. I have no glue what's the current development
status of some of the bindings. Anyhow, the poll may answer the question
what people expect from NAPI.

Concerning the status of NAPI: from my interpretation of what has been
agreed on during the NAIC meeting in Abington, the NAPI will only be
maintained in order to keep old programs, which are using it, running.
However, it is not recommended to use NAPI for new projects.

regards
  Eugen

--
DI. Dr. Eugen Wintersberger