[Nexus] CMake build for NAPI

Koennecke Mark (PSI) mark.koennecke at psi.ch
Fri Aug 14 10:59:07 BST 2015

Eugen,

> Am 11.08.2015 um 20:26 schrieb Eugen Wintersberger <eugen.wintersberger at desy.de>:
>
> Hi folks,
> as you may know, I am working on the cmake build for NAPI. A very
> simple build based on CMake is now ready for testing. It would be nice
> if some of you maybe could test the build (dynamic and static library)
> on linux. I tested the build on Debian Wheezy and Jessie, as well as on
> CentOS 7. However, more extensive testing is required.

I have tested the cmake build both under scientific linux 6 and OSX yosemite. In both cases
the basic build runs. But when I tried to run the test it failed because the test program was
configured for HDF4. This needs to be improved.

I then proceeded to try and build it with  HDF4. The build could not pick up HDF4. I have it in a
non standard location and I tried to coerce cmake to locate it using two different paths:
* by CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
* by a CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH in CMakeLists.txt

Both failed such that I assume there is something wrong  with the HDF4 detection code.

Another suggestion: the CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH thing should be in the CMakeList.txt by
default. Commented out and accompanied with a explanation: change this if your stuff
lives elsewhere.

Regards,

     Mark