[Nexus] CMake build for NAPI

Peterson, Peter F. petersonpf at ornl.gov
Fri Aug 14 13:45:32 BST 2015

Eugen,

I assume that you saw my changes. Amongst the things that still need to
happen is:
 1. Look at what finders exist in cmake 2.8.8 (what you currently require)
and use them rather than writing your own.
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/tree/master/Modules
 2. Register all of the tests so ctest can run them.
 3. Start getting language bindings working. C++ is the only one I tried.
It is completely non-functional.
 4. Try on a 64bit system. What is there currently doesn¹t look in
/usr/lib64 which is a standard place.
 5. Figure out how to package things. I recommend against cpack on the
linuxes as it has bad support (especially in cmake 2.8.8) for multiple
sub-packages like what nexus currently ships with.

I can continue to chip away at things, but I thought it would be best if
we had a common plan.

P^2

On 8/14/15, 6:13 AM, "NeXus on behalf of Eugen Wintersberger"
<nexus-bounces at nexusformat.org on behalf of eugen.wintersberger at desy.de>