[Nexus] How many of you have rst2man available on their Linux distribution

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Fri Dec 4 10:25:51 GMT 2015

Hi folks,
  I was just thinking about how to simplify the generation of program
documentation. Every command line program should come with a man-page.
However, formatting man pages manually is rather tedious. We already use
sphinx for the generation of the NeXus definitions HTML and PDF
documentation. So I was thinking to streamline the documentation
generation totally on restructures text.
To obtain man-pages from rst files one could either use

* sphinx
* rst2man

Is it safe to assume that actual Linux distributions a user runs have
theses tools available from their package manager?
On Debian I know that this would work. Can you give me short report how
this would work out on the distributions you are using?

regards
  Eugen