[Nexus] How many of you have rst2man available on their Linux distribution

Rolf Krahl rolf.krahl at helmholtz-berlin.de
Fri Dec 4 11:09:32 GMT 2015

Am Freitag, 4. Dezember 2015, 11:25:51 schrieb Eugen Wintersberger:

> To obtain man-pages from rst files one could either use
>
> * sphinx
> * rst2man
>
> Is it safe to assume that actual Linux distributions a user runs have
> theses tools available from their package manager?
> On Debian I know that this would work. Can you give me short report how
> this would work out on the distributions you are using?

OpenSUSE has both of them.

Furthermore, it's not the end user that needs to have it, but only the
package maintainer, as the man pages should be (auto-)generated during
build, not during package install.  So, I think you can safely assume
these tools to be available.

Cheers,
Rolf

--
Rolf Krahl <rolf.krahl at helmholtz-berlin.de>
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)