[Nexus] How many of you have rst2man available on their Linux distribution

Carlos Pascual cpascual at cells.es
Fri Dec 4 14:45:41 GMT 2015

I have them on debian and suse.

And in any case, any system with pip installed can install them in one
command (not asking too much for someone compiling nexus...)

On Fri 4 December 2015 11:25:51 Eugen Wintersberger wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   I was just thinking about how to simplify the generation of program
> documentation. Every command line program should come with a man-page.
> However, formatting man pages manually is rather tedious. We already
> use sphinx for the generation of the NeXus definitions HTML and PDF
> documentation. So I was thinking to streamline the documentation
> generation totally on restructures text.
> To obtain man-pages from rst files one could either use
>
> * sphinx
> * rst2man
>
> Is it safe to assume that actual Linux distributions a user runs have
> theses tools available from their package manager?
> On Debian I know that this would work. Can you give me short report
> how this would work out on the distributions you are using?
>
> regards
>   Eugen

 Carlos Pascual Izarra
 Scientific Software Coordinator
 Computing Division
 ALBA Synchrotron  [http://www.albasynchrotron.es]
 Carrer de la Llum 2-26
 E-08290 Cerdanyola del Valles (Barcelona), Spain
 E-mail: cpascual at cells.es
 Phone: +34 93 592 4428