[Nexus] how to read files from Eiger?

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:48:34 BST 2016

We have received a linked fileset from an Eiger 1M and want to read it.
Cannot seem to progress past knowing that there is data.
Here is an excerpt from h5dump (version 1.8.16):

         DATASET "data" {
            DATATYPE  H5T_STD_U32LE
            DATASPACE  SIMPLE { ( 1, 1065, 1030 ) / ( H5S_UNLIMITED,
1065, 1030 ) }
            DATA {h5dump error: unable to print data

            }
            ATTRIBUTE "image_nr_high" {
               DATATYPE  H5T_STD_I32LE
               DATASPACE  SCALAR
               DATA {
               (0): 1
               }
            }
            ATTRIBUTE "image_nr_low" {
               DATATYPE  H5T_STD_I32LE
               DATASPACE  SCALAR
               DATA {
               (0): 1
               }
            }
         }

It's the error: "h5dump error: unable to print data"

Is this the case where we have the wrong version of the HDF5 libraries?
Is there a tool to render such files compatible with the 1.8 libraries?
If so, where is that tool?

Pete