[Nexus] how to read files from Eiger?

Graeme.Winter at Diamond.ac.uk Graeme.Winter at Diamond.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 13:51:22 BST 2016

HI Pete

We use these files & filters in dials via h5py and within our build it *generally* just works {there are exceptions which we are looking in to} including on macs

That said, we compile in the extensions into the distro so the users do not need to worry - for MX this is *very important*

For Eiger data sets the data may just be too big to transmogrify effectively

Cheerio Graeme

From: NeXus [mailto:nexus-bounces at nexusformat.org] On Behalf Of Jemian, Pete R.
Sent: 24 June 2016 13:45
To: Eugen Wintersberger; Herbert J. Bernstein; Discussion forum for the NeXus data format
Cc: Richter, Tobias (ESS,RAL,LSCI); rsweet at bnl.gov; jjakoncic at bnl.gov; andreas.foerster at dectris.com
Subject: Re: [Nexus] how to read files from Eiger?

Eugen

First off, I (representing the user who asked me about this) want to read that file with the HDF5 plugin in IgorPro on a Mac.

Adding the compression library to this toolset is not trivial.  I must persuade the 3rd party developer of that plugin to make this addition.

I also want to read that file with the h5py package in python on mac, Windows, and Linux.

We are on the leading edge here but our users have already begun to struggle with reading these files.  Until the compression filters are part of common installations, a converter tool is needed.

Pete

Sent from a device with a dreadfully small screen