[Nexus] how to read files from Eiger?

Herbert J. Bernstein yayahjb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:23:58 BST 2016

Dear Pete,

  If you are on a system with good dlfnc support and are using a recent
HDF5 library, then use of the plugin filters is transparent (just install
the filters and define the HDF5_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable).  The
serious problem is on a system or applications with an old hdf5 library
(e.g. 1.6).  Then you need an application such as h5repack built against a
recent hdf5 to repack the file with compressions that are known to the old
application, but somewhere you need a new hdf5 installation to make this
work.

  This will make a good test case to document in detail on the
hdrmx.medsbio.org website as a tutorial both for users and sysadmins.

  Regards,
    Herbert