[Nexus] NXsas with multi-frame image set

Pete Jemian jemian at anl.gov
Mon Jun 27 19:59:19 BST 2016

Thanks.  This conversation is useful as a FAQ or additional example.  I
have a data file built to illustrate the example now.

Pete

On 6/27/2016 8:44 AM, Herbert J. Bernstein wrote:
> The one thing to be careful about with a 3D array is that it can get to
> be too large.  I think the Dectris approach of stacking a reasonable
> number of frames in each of several 3D data arrays is sensible.  -- Herbert
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Pete R Jemian <prjemian at gmail.com
> <mailto:prjemian at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I want to store a set of images according to the NXsas application
>     definition.  In the current case, these images form a time series.
>     NXsas defines /entry/instrument/detector/data as a 2-D image frame.
>
>     What's my storage strategy?  Any of these or something different?
>
>     first choice: 3-D frame set
>         /entry/instrument/detector/data: (frames, rows, columns)
>
>     second choice: single frames in same NXdetector
>         /entry/instrument/detector/data_frame_1: (rows, columns)
>         /entry/instrument/detector/data_frame_n: (rows, columns)
>
>     third choice: one group for each frame
>         /entry_frame_1/instrument/detector/data: (rows, columns)
>         /entry_frame_n/instrument/detector/data: (rows, columns)
>         and link other objects (NXsample, ...) from /entry_frame_1/*
>
>     Pete

Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189