[Nexus] 1-D raw SAS data: can NXiqproc be used?

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 03:02:46 BST 2017

I want to store raw, monochromatic, 1-D SAS data (not reduced data for
which NXcanSAS is appropriate).  The NXsas application definition is for
"raw data from 2-D monochromatic SAS data with an area detector."  This
1-D data was not collected with an area detector so NXsas is not a fit.

A best alternative might be NXiqproc; it's summary documentation states
it is an "Application definition for any I(Q) data."  Looking more
closely, though, its data description is for 2-D, energy-dependent data
with integer values.  Since all these variables are listed as
"required", NXiqproc cannot describe raw, monochromatic, 1-D SAS data.

   * data[NE, NQX, NQY]: (required) NX_INT"
   * variable[NE]: (required) NX_CHAR
   * qx[NQX]: (required) NX_CHAR
   * qy[NQY]: (required) NX_CHAR

Can the specification of NXiqproc be relaxed so it could actually store
*any* I(Q) data (including floating point numbers)?  The data array
would be specified in a flexible manner such as used in NXcanSAS.

Regards,
    Pete