[Nexus] NXdetector documentation misleading?

V. Armando Solé sole at esrf.fr
Wed May 10 10:45:05 BST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I find unfortunate the use of X and Y to refer to dimensions.

In particular in NXdetector I can read:

*i*: number of detector pixels in the first (X, slowest) direction

*j*: number of detector pixels in the second (Y, faster) direction

In fact, images get represented the other way around and the number of
rows correspond to the vertical direction (the Y). Furthermore since the
default order is C order, that corresponds to Z,Y,X and not to X,Y,Z.

I propose to get rid of those confusing X and Y staff. For instance:

*i*: number of detector pixels in the first (slowest) dimension

*j*: number of detector pixels in the second (faster) dimension

However, the damage is already made with things like x_pixel_size,
y_pixel_size,

Am I right to assume that what you call x, y and eventually z in
NXdetector has to be interpreted as dim0, dim1, dim2 in the nexus
NXdetector context?

Best,

Armando