[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

V. Armando Solé sole at esrf.fr
Thu Jan 11 08:59:55 GMT 2018

Happy New Year!

We would like to store in a single NXdata the axes and more than one
signal sharing the same axes. The goal is to be able to plot, for
instance, a curve and the fitted curve. With the old method where the
attributes were associated to datasets, we were using the approach
signal="1", signal="2",... I know that was never wrote but it was clear
that use was quite common.

With the new NXdata where the attributes belong to the groups, what is
the correct approach to specify multiple signals? I would expect the
same approach as when specifying multiple axes (that means "," separated
dataset names) but I would appreciate confirmation because we are
implementing it...

Best wishes,

Armando