[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Thu Jan 11 09:24:32 GMT 2018

Hi Armando,

First of all: With the new scheme where the attributes belong to the NXdata group there are no “,” separated lists. That scheme uses attribute arrays (for axes). I’ve just made that yet a bit clearer in the NXdata base class documentation. Hope that helps.

Otherwise there is currently no provision for plotting multiple things out of a single NXdata. If the axes of multiple NXdata groups coincide, an application would be free to plot them into the same coordinate system.
For signals with 2 or more dimensions it is not obvious what should be done. Keeping the generic case simple and clean makes sense to me.

Best wishes,
Tobias