[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

Jacob.Filik at Diamond.ac.uk Jacob.Filik at Diamond.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 09:50:02 GMT 2018

Hi All,

We also often struggle with how to explicitly show two datasets are related (e.g. raw data and fitted data).

We have been sticking to the "one signal per NXdata", even when the axes are the same, and therefore can have lots of NXdata in a single NXentry, with little obvious to connect them (except just the name).

We are looking into how we can specify the relationship between datasets, i.e. raw data in an NXdata comes from the NXdetector, the fitting result NXdata comes from algorithm defined in this NXprocess acting on the data in this NXdata (which comes from this NXdetector etc), but we haven't implemented against it yet.

This is considerably more verbose than "signals" but should have better provenance.

Kind regards,

Jacob

Dr Jacob Filik
Senior Software Scientist