[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

V. Armando Solé sole at esrf.fr
Thu Jan 11 11:08:16 GMT 2018

On 11/01/2018 11:37, Benjamin Watts wrote:
> Hi Armando,
>    Why are the NXplot1d, NXplot2d, NXplot3d, ... groups needed? The
> number of dimensions is clearly findable via the length of the array
> in the "axes" attribute, as well as from the dimensions of the
> dataset(s). Maybe I am missing something?

The goal of proposal 3 is to satisfy people not willing to change NXdata
at all while at the same time allowing programs supporting only one type
of "plotxd" not trying to go any further if they are unable to visualize
those types of plots. Personally I would prefer proposal 1 or 2 but I am
open to anything. For instance, a new NXgraph group is equivalent to me
to proposal 3.

Armando