[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Thu Jan 11 16:45:26 GMT 2018

Just a quick comment on this. The single colon-delimited string used to be the only way to define a list of axes, partly because attribute arrays were not available in HDF4. It is now deprecated in favor of an array of strings; I don’t think the standard specifies using variable-length strings or fixed-length string arrays. NeXpy needs to be able to read much older NeXus files, so it will read both, but only writes attribute arrays.

This is an example of the kind of cruft that any reasonably long-lived standard accumulates.

Ray