[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Fri Jan 12 17:05:48 GMT 2018

On Jan 12, 2018, at 10:32 AM, V. Armando Solé <sole at esrf.fr<mailto:sole at esrf.fr>> wrote:

Hi Ray,

It seems the one that wants to anticipate any possible plot is you :-)

That is because it was implied by earlier posts in this thread, and you haven’t provided any “explicit” examples to show what you do want us to anticipate. We cannot develop a standard based on a proposal that is not fully defined.

I am not going to comment further on this thread until you have provided a set of concrete examples that allow us to judge how they would be handled. I suspect that we will end up approving some variant of your proposal, but only after we have clarified what it really is.

Ray Osborn, Senior Scientist
Materials Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439, USA