[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Sat Jan 20 16:25:28 GMT 2018

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your very positive feedback.

I have to admit the use case of common axes probably covers more than
95% of my use case applications.

I think now the question to be answered is if the case of not having
common axes is ever to be considered of generic interest or not because,
unlike the implementation of auxiliary_signals, the implementation of
auxiliary_axes would potentially allow signals with different lengths
and that would break code supporting auxiliary_signals and not checking
for the presence of auxiliary_axes.

At this point there is no code supporting the auxiliary_signals feature
and my opinion would be to leave the door open but I will understand
(and respect the decision) if this forum votes against it because we are
talking about a small number of use cases (basically at this point I can
only think about a) the fit with the fitted curve at higher resolution,
b) a picture with partial maps on top of it c) a discontinuous region
covered by several raster scans).

Best regards,

Armando