[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Thu Jan 25 05:23:34 GMT 2018

Hi Armando,
I have been experimenting with the auxiliary signal idea and seeing whether it really does allow improved functionality, and I am warming to the idea. As long as they all share the same axes, then it does make a combined plot easier to produce. It has required a little tinkering with NeXpy, but I now have an experimental feature that adds a “Plot All Signals” contextual menu to any NXdata group that has the ‘auxiliary_signals’ attribute, producing a plot with a legend automatically added.

I’ll release this in the next couple of days as v0.10.9, after I have confirmed that we have fixed the external link issue that your colleague raised. I think it makes sense to let people experiment with new features before they finally get ratified by NIAC. It’s easy to tweak things in NeXpy if people suggest improvements.

Ray