[Nexus] NeXus at your facility / NIAC meeting

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Tue Sep 18 11:42:56 BST 2018

Hi Steve (and everyone else),

Those are obviously relevant topics. Traditionally the NIAC agrees the agenda in the form of priorities and time boxes at the beginning of the meeting.
So I cannot promise any particular topics will or will not be covered. Especially since I may be relieved of my duties as chair at the very beginning.

That said I would support a discussion of application definitions or alternatives as a tool for the future.
I think we have sufficient background in the NIAC to have a sensible conversation.

For the other two items - FAIR and ontologies - I might benefit from some input. Any particular use cases, requirements, suggestions or a proposal would help guide us.
An ontology might address some of the database storage for FAIR, right? Personally I am very interested!

Best wishes,
Tobias