[Nexus] HDFql 2.0.0 Release - HDF5 made easy and fast

HDFql contact at hdfql.com
Wed Mar 27 22:12:37 GMT 2019

We are happy to announce the release of HDFql 2.0.0!

This version includes:

- ADDED SUPPORT FOR PARALLEL HDF5 (PHDF5) - thanks to Quincey
(Berkeley Lab, USA), Rob (Argonne Lab, USA), Konrad (CNRS, France),
Sebastian (Juelich Supercomputing Centre, Germany), Guy (IN2P3,
France) and Holger (Fermilab, USA) for the feedback.

- ADDED WRAPPER FOR THE INTEL FORTRAN COMPILER (IFORT) - thanks to
Intel for sponsoring HDFql with a free IFORT license.

- IMPROVED PERFORMANCE AND MEMORY FOOTPRINT

- ADDED CAPABILITY TO SPECIFY THE STORAGE ALLOCATION WHEN CREATING A
DATASET (I.E. EARLY, INCREMENTAL OR LATE)

- BUG FIXES - thanks to Erik (M+P, The Netherlands), Ryan (KMLabs,
USA), Michael (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, USA), Romain (CEA,
France) and Petr (University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic) for
reporting these.

- UPDATED REFERENCE MANUAL - thanks to Jeff (Redwood Center for
Theoretical Neuroscience, USA) for the feedback.

(Please check the release notes for further details)

For heads up on releases and the latest on HDFql, we welcome you to
connect on twitter.com/hdfql [1]

Links:
------
[1] https://twitter.com/hdfql