[Nexus] nxbrowse and other tools

Nicolas Soler nsoler at cells.es
Wed Sep 28 17:54:38 BST 2022

Dear NeXus maintainer,

In my quest for finding a simple tool for browsing NeXus / hdf5 files
via the command line, I found references to nxbrowse on this page:

https://manual.nexusformat.org/utilities.html#utilities-supplied-with-nexus

However the page doesn't give much information on how to install it. I
understood elsewhere that the nexus-tools package should be installed
but I don't see anything for Debian/Ubuntu in the corresponding page
(and sudo apt install nexus-tools doesn't work).

https://manual.nexusformat.org/installation.html

Could you please provide me with some guidance on this?

Many thanks,

Nicolas

--

<https://www.albasynchrotron.es/en/>

	Nicolas Soler, PhD
Head of Scientific Data Management (SDM)
Computing division
ALBA SYNCHROTRON LIGHT SOURCE
Carrer de la Llum 2-26 | 08290 | Cerdanyola del Vallès| Barcelona |
Spain <https://www.albasynchrotron.es/en/about/coming-to-alba>
Phone: (+34) 93 592 45 64
www.albasynchrotron.es <http://www.albasynchrotron.es>| nsoler at cells.es
| legal notice <https://www.albasynchrotron.es/en/about/legal-notice> /
avís legal <https://www.sincrotroalba.cat/ca/que-es-alba/avis-legal> /
aviso legal <https://www.sincrotronalba.es/es/que-es-alba/aviso-legal>

**Please, do not print this e-mail unless it is absolutely necessary.
**Si heu rebut aquest correu per error, us informo que pot contenir
informació confidencial i privada i que està prohibit el seu ús. Us
agrairíem que ho comuniqueu al remitent i l'elimineu. Gràcies.
Si ha recibido este correo por error, le informo de que puede contener
información confidencial y privada y que está prohibido su uso. Le
agradeceré que lo comunique a su remitente y lo elimine. Gracias.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please note that it may
contain confidential and private information, therefore, the use of this
information is strictly forbidden. Please inform the sender of the error
and delete the information received. Thank you.