[NeXus-committee] Advisory Committee meeting at Cal Tech

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Wed Jul 23 10:57:44 BST 2003

Dear colleagues,
Following all the replies to my earlier query about the best dates for the
first meeting of the NeXus Advisory Committee, we have decided to hold the
workshop on September 8-10, 2003.  Brent Fultz and Michael Aivazis have
kindly agreed that the California Institute of Techology, in Pasadena,
California, will host the workshop, so those interested can also consider
attending the SciPy conference being held there on September 11 and 12 (see
<http://www.scipy.org/>).  The NeXus meeting will start at 1:30pm on Monday,
September 8 and finish at 12:30pm, September 10, to accommodate those with
stringent time constraints.

This meeting will be open to anyone interested in NeXus, but we can only
provide travel support to members of the Advisory Committee, and only they
(you) will have voting rights (if there are controversial decisions to be
made).  A general announcement will be made to the rest of the NeXus
community shortly, along with further information concerning accommodation
and travel arrangements.

I look forward to an interesting and, I hope, very productive meeting.

With best regards,
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845