[NeXus-committee] Discussion updates

Matthias Drochner M.Drochner at fz-juelich.de
Thu Dec 16 09:47:00 GMT 2004

petersonpf at ornl.gov said:
> <http://www.neutron.anl.gov:8080/NeXus/100> which will replace several
> of the other chopper classes.

How about extending it to cover PST choppers (eg include an NXcrystal)?
(Or do we limit NXchopper to choppers which are strictly "absorb / not absorb",
to keep things simple?)
Another approach would be to treat a PST chopper as "rotating crystal(s)".
(I got also told that there are other applications of rotating crystals.)
To describe a rotation, one could extend NXgeometry, or invent a separate
class. Even better would be to allow other types of movement too -
thinking of the Doppler mirror in backscattering instruments.
Opinions?

best regards
Matthias