[NeXus-committee] NeXus TOF Raw Data File Definition

Ray Osborn rosborn at anl.gov
Thu Nov 17 18:52:57 GMT 2005

On 2005/11/17 12:41, "Akeroyd, FA (Freddie)" <F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have moved both proposed NeXus TOF Raw File definitions to the main
> NeXus Wiki in the "miscellaneous topics" section of "discussions". The
> relevant link is:
>

> http://www.nexus.anl.gov/mediawiki/index.php?title=Miscellaneous_topics
>

> We would like to complete discussion of the "TOF sit and count" single
> run definition in the next two weeks i.e. by November 29th 1700 GMT and
> then proceed to ratification. The "TOF scan" definition will stay in
> purely discussion mode for now.
>

> Ray, is there any chance of the NeXus WIKI being upgraded to MediaWiki
> version 1.5.2? We found the email notification feature it supports
> really useful.

Freddie,
I'll look into it.  1.5 wasn't stable when I installed it, but I guess it's
safe enough to use - is it the official version now?

However, I much prefer using RSS to monitor changes.  If you have an
aggregator, just use
<http://www.nexus.anl.gov/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&fe
ed=rss> as the URL.  It's much less intrusive than email.

Thanks for doing the switch,
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845