[NeXus-committee] Website shift

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Sep 26 18:22:11 BST 2006

Dear colleagues,
Freddie has transferred the old wiki extremely efficiently, and, as we
discussed at the last NIAC, the new wiki is also the new NeXus home
<http://www.nexusformat.org/>.

I am keeping the old site at <http://www.nexus.anl.gov/> going for the time
being, but every page should show a prominent message redirecting people to
the correct site.  I don't want to close it down until everyone is sure that
all the relevant content has been transferred.  I've noticed a couple of
things (e.g., the NXtranslate page hasn't been converted yet), and I'm sure
there are many more.

I would suggest that we all spend some time before the next NIAC meeting
looking over the old site to find missing content.  As committee members,
you can then edit new pages yourself.  The Help pages give pretty detailed
instructions how to do it.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845