[NeXus-committee] Upcoming NIAC meeting

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Wed Jul 25 15:02:22 BST 2012

Dear NIAC Members,

we have a NIAC meeting upcoming before NOBUGS. To remind you:
the NIAC meeting takes place september, 20-21 at Coseners House,
Abingdon, UK.

NeXus was conceived around 1994-96 and is thus now almost 16 years old.
Since then the scientific computing landscape has undergone quite a few
changes. I think it is high time that the NIAC revisits the question
what NeXus
is, how its is built and where we are heading to. In other words: have a
strategy discussion.  In order to start this discussion, I have attached a
short paper which summarises where NeXus is today, where the problems are
and some directions we might move to.

Please consider this document before the NIAC meeting

Feel free to develop further ideas about where NeXus should be going

Please note that this paper is for the eyes of NIAC members only. This
in order
not to confuse NeXus users.

Best Regards,

           Mark Koennecke