[NeXus-committee] non binding vote on recording multiple detectormodules

Watts Benjamin Benjamin.Watts at psi.ch
Fri Nov 9 14:35:33 GMT 2012

[  ]  Use NXgeometry
[  ]  NXdetector_element
[  ]  Tobias Suggestion
[  ]  SNS Usage
[X ]  The General Case

In the case where the user wants to have several detector modules
logically combined into a single data array, describing the modules only
serves as a shorthand for describing the pixels (which are what really
matter for analysis). I don't agree that the image would be destroyed
though - the arrays describing the pixel coordinates/offsets just need
to have the same shape as an image-slice from the data array, rather
your suggestion of changing the data array so that each image becomes a
list.

Cheers,
Ben