[NeXus-committee] DECTRIS example file

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Fri Jan 11 16:05:51 GMT 2013

On 11/01/2013 16:19, Pete Jemian wrote:
> Those are "external storage" datasets.  Standalone, valid, HDF5 data
> files for sure.  The metadata is in the master file.  Looks like just
> the image frame data is in individual data files.  Likely, Dectris is
> bridging between two sets of expectations here, where a strong
> community sees no particular advantage in placing the data in a
> subgroup.  Since opening a subgroup involves additional HDF5
> operations, it is less efficient, albeit marginally.
>
> Keep in mind, I am not advocating this approach, but have heard some
> of the conversations arguing for a "shallow" structure. NeXus is
> certainly not a shallow structure.

Well, at this moment this poses cumbersome to fix issues.

import h5py
f = h5py.File('th02c_ps02_1_master.h5')

The issues:

f['/entry/data_000001'].name returns data (the name at the destination side)
f['/entry/data_000001'].parent returns "/" (the parent at the
destination side)

So, HDF5 browsers are having a hard time to deal with the master file.

Armando