[NeXus-committee] DECTRIS example summary

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Mon Jan 14 15:21:29 GMT 2013

Hi Pete,

If I remember well the discussions at PSI, DECTRIS wants to be able to
dump the data as fast as possible.

If you consider you are issuing a command that involves the collection
of thousands of images, one can "assume" a single NXentry describes the
result and that a 3-D dataset could easilly do the job. However, DECTRIS
wanted to be able to use the external storage approach for performance
reasons *including* compression (something not available at the time of
discussion). I thought they would use the standard HDF5 family driver
but it seems the fact HDF5 is not taking profit of multiple threads to
speed up things (compression) made them go towards other solution.

Armando