[NeXus-committee] DECTRIS example summary

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Mon Jan 14 15:26:19 GMT 2013

Sorry to be late to this discussion, but is there much difference between storing multiple data sets in separate NXdata's (and having to stitch them together later) and, for example, the SNS practice of breaking their detector banks up into 100 or so NXdata's that are also just a single data set. In the first case, it's because of performance issues - in the second, it's because they later want to parallelize analysis operations on separate banks.

In either case, we need a method of recombining them, although the SNS ones will not necessarily have contiguous pixels.

Ray
P.S. I think this is resolved in earlier emails, but to reiterate there should be at least one signal=1 array attribute in each NXdata group.