[NeXus-committee] obsolescence and evolution: NeXus needs a historic dimension

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Wed Jul 16 16:14:48 BST 2014

Joachim,
I don’t think we’ve had sufficiently powerful generic NeXus visualization tools, which is one of the reasons for developing NeXpy. I think that’s the reason why NeXus has largely been used to archive facility data and hasn’t been used much by facility users. I hope that will change as more tools become available.

I think that instrument scientists at ISIS and SNS have come to depend on the Mantid framework to do the method-specific reduction. It can read the raw NeXus files created by their instruments and export the reduced data in NeXus format, but it can’t read generic NeXus files (level 1 and 2 in my previous email) as far as I’m aware.

Ray