[NeXus-committee] [ELT] Sustainable science with HDF

Ted Habermann thabermann at hdfgroup.org
Fri Jul 18 22:17:39 BST 2014

Wow,

This project started 72 hours ago with a request for input to a four-page paper on sustainable data and software. I had an amazing week - learning about a dizzying collection of incredibly exciting projects! I knew that HDF was facilitating great work in many disciplines, but seeing it up close and personal is great!

I tried to arrange a coherent 4 page story that includes highly edited versions of all of the input I received. I think the hacking preserved the important ideas and examples, but please let me know if I lost something in translation…

I added a list of authors but am not sure about affiliations for everyone. Please send me corrections for affiliations and references so i can submit the final manuscript on Monday..

Thanks again to everyone,
Ted