[NeXus-committee] NeXus data file inspection tool. NeXus at ILL. We need to be more flexible.

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:39:17 BST 2014

Joachim:

Both of these instances are worthy of NIAC review since they are more
restrictive than the permissive view you encourage.

You are not the first person to interpret the NeXus documentation as
defining strict rules for what field names can and cannot be used.
Indeed, the permissive view you encourage is the intent of NeXus
although you point out it is not expressed as clearly permissive.

Time to change the way we write these words?

Pete