[NeXus-committee] A very stupid question

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Fri Jul 28 13:54:41 BST 2017

Hi folks,
  I know this sounds rather stupid but: am I right if I assume that the
beam center (the location where the
primary beam hits the detector) is the origin of the detectors local
coordinate frame?

Background: I am actually cleaning up my DESY internal Nexus documents
including use cases for
NXtransformation and NXdetector (for different detector configurations)
and while doing this I realized that I am not
sure about the definition of the origin of the detector local coordinate
frame.
I already  have some nice results using NXtransformation for q-space
conversion and maybe we could use
these documents, once they are finished, as cookbooks for Nexus users.

regards
  Eugen
--
Dr. Eugen Wintersberger