[NeXus-committee] Examples of irregular grids

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Fri Sep 15 15:02:19 BST 2017

Hi everyone,
In preparation for the code camp, I’m having a look to see how it might be possible to add support in the Python API for the ‘_indices’ method of defining axes, but I need some examples because I’m not sure I fully understand the documentation. Do people have examples of HDF5 files with irregular grids defined according to the latest NeXus standard, and could they make them available somehow? If they are too large, could they be put on an FTP server?

Also, if you have functions that plot such data, would you be able to supply the parsing and plotting code? I prefer Python, but I can probably decipher C++ or Java if that is what you have. I need to see how this would map onto Matplotlib’s pcolormesh function.

Thanks,
Ray Osborn, Senior Scientist
Materials Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory